4.06.2011

{san francisco} final thoughts

Some final thoughts on my trip to San Francisco:

"You know what San Francisco does to people who have never seen it before... Everything about the city excited her; she had to walk all the hills, explore the edge of the ocean, see all the old houses and wander the old streets; and when she came upon something unchanged, something that was as it had been, her delight was so strong, so fiercely possessive! These things were hers."

- a quote from a scene cut from the movie, Vertigo

This quote describes my San Franciscan experience infinitely well. It might as well be talking about me: I wanted to wander every street, discover every nook and cranny, document every window and archway, become acquainted with every corner café... I wanted all of it to be mine, my every day. I could so easily see myself living my life there...

No comments: