7.22.2011

{looking back} bridal

These are some images from my first bridal shoot back in 2008. Dreama was a girl I went to high school with and I was so honored that she'd chosen me to take her bridal portraits! We took some pictures inside and some outside, but the ones in the studio are my absolute favorites. As anyone who knows me knows, I love how working in the studio gives me complete control of lighting. And as any photographer knows, it's a wonderful feeling when an idea you've had in your head actually works as planned. I couldn't be happier with the way these turned out: the bright white where her dress fades into the background in a very painterly way, and the shadowy blacks where her freckled skin and lacy textures really pop!

1 comment:

Charlotte said...

My favorite is the one of her sitting on the bench, with the shadows on her dress. You can see EVERY detail of the lace... it's beautiful.