8.23.2011

{personal} my last day

And now... I am officially unemployed! Eek!

Today was my last day working at Collinsville Printing Company. I sort of already talked about it on my other blog, but I'll reiterate here:

So... I'm excited! This time next week I'll be living on the west coast! It's crazy! At times I get so excited that I literally feel like jumping up and down. Like a little kid. And yet it still doesn't seem real. Despite all the packing, it just feels like I'm taking a regular trip to go visit Sean for a few days. Today is my last day at work and yet it doesn't feel like it is. My mind can't comprehend that it's the last day. The last day that I won't see the same people I've been seeing almost every day for the past three and a half years. The last day that I'll really get to talk to the few amazing people I've become so close to. Even though they're old enough to be my parents, I've been able to talk to them so easily about anything: friends, relationships, life, parents, movies, books, silly things and important things. Proving that age really is just a number.

It's weird. It's like I'm feeling so much, I'm almost feeling nothing at all. When will it all hit me? The day I leave my parents in the airport? When I actually land in San Francisco? When I start unpacking all my boxes? Part of me doesn't think I'll get homesick because I'll have Sean with me and everything will be so new and so exciting. 

When will I really feel three thousand miles away?

3 comments:

Jon said...

New horizons good luck :D

Jazzy E (Hivenn) said...

<3 good luck lovely. x hivenn

Daniella said...

Well, it looks like San Francisco is going well from all your posts! I hope your move and everything went smoothly. Your shots of your new city are gorgeous! Makes me wish Ontario was a little more interesting, lol...