5.01.2013

{looking back} the lighthouse keeper

I'm not sure what it is, but I love pictures of towers. Especially lighthouses. Especially old, black and white pictures of lighthouses. They have a nostalgic and majestic quality about them. Something about the way you have to look at them from below. How they're framed with trees and foliage and whatnot. They're one of my favorite things to photograph, and I hope to stand at the end my life with a handful of lighthouse pictures that I'm particularly proud of. I think I've got a pretty good start!

1. Coit Tower, San Francisco, California, 2012
2. Cape Hatteras Light, Hatteras Island, Outer Banks, North Carolina, 2009
3. Cape Hatteras Light, Hatteras Island, Outer Banks, North Carolina, 2009
4. Ocracoke Lighthouse, Ocracoke Island, Outer Banks, North Carolina, 2009

No comments: