1.02.2017

{personal} the best in books

Six years ago I did a similar post on my old blog, The Lighthouse Keeper, where I shared my favorite books from the past year. Every year I goal myself to read forty books and have successfully met that goal every year for the past five years. This year was a very good year. I was able to surpass my goal by reading fifty-two books! That's a book a week! A few of these were re-reads that I was so happy to revisit and enjoyed just as much, if not more, the second and/or third time around.

These are twenty-five of the ones I thought were the best. Feel free to follow me on Goodreads!

Re-reads:
The October Country, Hawai'i One Summer, Under the Tuscan Sun, The Bell Jar, Sputnik Sweetheart, Tracks: A Woman's Solo Trek Across 1700 Miles Australian Outbook, The Virgin Suicides

New reads:
Wild; Girl Reading; Tell the Wolves I'm Home; The Buried Giant; Rules for a Knight; All the Light We Cannot See; The Nightingale; The Voyage of the Narwhal; The Price of Salt; M Train; The Hired Girl; A Manual for Cleaning Women; Dear Fang, With Love; Dark Matter; Brooklyn; Pond; Night Film; Brain on Fire: My Month of Madness

No comments: